Scholarships encourage talent and ensure that a lack of money does not stop one from receiving the education they deserve. Here’s a list of the 4 Most Popular Scholarships for Indian Students who wish to pursue their education at Indian Institutes.
1. INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) Scholarship
This is an Effort by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. It provides financial aid to students wishing to pursue classes in Basic & Natural Sciences. This program is known as the Scholarship for Higher Education program (SHE). Even if you’re not interested in this field specifically, INSPIRE also offers other scholarships.
- Scholarship Amount- 80,000 per Student each year;
- Application Time- Begins in November;
- of seats- 10,000 Students;
- Scholarship Eligibility- Students who topped in 12th grade board exams, students of B.Sc./ M.Sc. classes. College students who fall into top 10,000 positions in JEE (Mains & higher level), NEET students.
2. HDFC Education Crisis Scholarship
This scholarship offered by the HDFC financial institution to help college students in catastrophic situations like the death of the parent, life-threatening disease, loss of family income, etc.
- Scholarship Amount-
School- 10,000 Rupees per year;
College- 25,000 Rupees per year;
- No of seats-1000 per year;
- Application Time- Begins in May;
- Eligibility Criteria- Merit-cum-need basis, if household income is less than Rs. 3,00,000 yearly.
3. Foundation of Academic Excellence
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) gives the FAEA to provide financial aid to students from the economically disadvantaged section of the society. This scholarship is mainly for undergraduate studies. College students from all streams are eligible for this. Furthermore, a broad range of expenses such as tuition Cost, hostel Charge, maintenance allowance, books are included.
- Scholarship Amount- Total cost of the study for the eligible candidate;
- of seats- 50 students every year;
- Application Time- Begins May/June;
- Eligibility Criteria- College students belonging into economically-weaker category SC/ST/BPL classification, passed 12th grade board exams, first year of college.
4. Indian Oil Academic Scholarships
This scholarship is for students who want to pursue engineering, management or medical schools. Another one of their noteworthy scholarships are given for sports.
- Scholarship Amount-
10th- Rs 1000 per month for 2 years;
B.Tech & MBBS- Rs 3000 per month for 4 years;
MBA- Rs 3000 per month for 2 years;
- Application Time- July – October;
- Eligibility Criteria- Passing 12th-grade board exams, the first year of B.Tech, MBBS or MBA.
Tags-scholarships for Indian students to study abroad after 12th, scholarships for Indian students after 12th, scholarships for Indian medical students, scholarships for Indian college students, scholarships for Indian school students